What is Interlibrary Loan (ILL)?
Interlibrary Loan is the library service through which current Webster University or Eden Theological Seminary students, faculty and staff at the home campus in St. Louis request research materials which are unavailable from the Webster-Eden Library system or another MOBIUS library.
What may I request through ILL?
- Printed materials.
- Articles from periodicals which the Webster-Eden Library System does not own or have access to through an online database. We cannot borrow complete issues of a periodical.
- Books not owned by Eden or Webster or any other MOBIUS library.
- Titles which the library owns but are currently unavailable.
- Books published after 1870.
What types of materials are difficult if not impossible to borrow?
- Reference or rare books
- Conference and working papers
- Educational tests
What materials may I not request through ILL?
· Audiovisual materials.
How long does it take for materials to arrive?
How do I pick up and return my ILL requests?
- We will notify you via the e-mail address you entered when you created your Interlibrary Loan/Document Delivery account (ILLiad) when each item is available OR if we are unable to fill your request.
- You may also log into your Interlibrary Loan/Document Delivery account (ILLiad) at any time in order to check on the status of your request(s).
- You may call the Service Desk at 314-968-6952 to inquire if a book which you have requested has arrived.
- Pickup your ILL books from and return them to the 1st floor Service Desk.
- You must show us a piece of valid, current, photo identification, such as your Webster issued ID card or a driver's license, before we will check anything out to you.
- If you fail to return ILL books on time or damage them, you may lose your interlibrary loan privileges.
- Patrons are responsible for paying overdue fines and/or replacement costs as necessary.
How long can I keep a book and can I renew it?
- The lending library determines the lending period for books and if they may be renewed.
- You may request a renewal through your Interlibrary Loan/Document Delivery account (ILLiad) or you may call the Service Desk at 314-968-6952. Please make sure to submit your renewal request at least three days prior to the due date.
- The lending library may or may not grant a renewal.
What Is the cost of Interlibrary loans?
All costs of ILL are subsidized by the Webster-Eden Library System so it's free for eligible patrons!.