Answered By: Julie Laramie Last Updated: Aug 27, 2022 Views: 4
The library computers now require students, faculty, and staff to use their Microsoft 365 accounts to log into Microsoft Word. You can either access Word through your Connections email or log into the Word App on the computer's desktop.
For alumni and guest, you may either make a free Office 365 account or use Google Docs.
*Note: Please, remember to log out when you are finished using either platform. Closing the browser or the Word App does not guarantee that you logged out online or the desktop app. You sign out by clicking on your initials in the top, right-hand corner of the screen and then selecting "Sign Out."
Students, Faculty, and Staff
Word Access via Web Browser
1. Go to office.com
2. Type in your Webster email and password.
3. When on the Office home page, the left-hand side of the computer screen shows the different Office tools available to you. Click the Word icon.
Note the other Office tools available to you like PowerPoint, Excel, and your Webster Email.
Word Access via Desktop
1. On the computer desktop, search for Word. Click on the Word App.
2. Sign into Office 365 using your Webster email information.
Alumni and Guests
Microsoft Office 365
1. Click this link to go to the Microsoft 365 website.
2. Select the Sign up for free button on the middle of the screen.
3. Enter in your email information and password to create an account.
1. Go to google.com/docs and enter in your Gmail information.
- If you need to create a Gmail, here is a link to create a Google account.